This article is about my experiences with a project I had at work. I will describe the complete process I used to setup two Solaris 10 servers to be used as an FTP cluster. This article will be broken into several parts and will cover the following topics:
- A complete description of the problem.
- A proposed solution.
- The hardware needed.
- The software needed.
- The network topology used.
- Setup of customized start up scripts with SMF.
- Setting up SSH on a non standard port.
- Setup and configuration of the software package Unison.
- Passwordless SSL communication via an SSH key pair.
- Writing a BASH shell script to syncronize system files and other data using unison over an SSL connection.
- How to use multipathing on Solaris 10 in order to failover a virtual IP address between two servers.
- Writing BASH shell scripts that will detect network problems and fail a system over to the other system.
- Setup and configuration of ProFTPD.
- Final conclusions.
Здравствуйте! This is my first blog post to OH, Geeks! More updates to come in the near future.